Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Current Projects



Two other projects I am working on are Harry Potter "Weasley Sweaters" for my two nephews for christmas. The pattern is provided by http://alison.knitsmiths.us/pattern_weasley.html.
My nephews are named Aidan and Elija and I want to emboss their initials instead of the "H" on the sweaters. My sister suggested Gryffindor colors (Scarlet and Gold) for Aidan, and Ravenclaw colors (Blue and Bronze) for Elijah, however after the buying the yarn and thinking about it, I might ask to switch them around. A gold "A" on a scarlet sweater seems to remind me of the sweater that Alvin wears on "Alvin and the Chipmunks".

I started on the Gryffindor sweater and this is my progress so far. I am making the "24" inch chest size for both toddlers. I am using Cascade 220 color #9404 for the scarlet, and Nature Spun color # 305 Impasse Yellow for the gold. These are both worsted weight yarns.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good so far! Looks like your kitty would like to use the sweater for other purposes. I'm contstantly arguing with my cats about who gets to use the wool for what. Cascade 220 is wonderful. Good call on switching the A to the blue!

Adrian Crockford said...

My kitty "Gretchen" likes to chew on the tips of my bamboo needles. Bad Kitty!

Anonymous said...

Learn Spanish in Spain